Resonate provides a full range of acoustic services for wind farm projects, including:
- Background noise measurements to determine noise criteria
- Noise modelling and mitigation advice
- Compliance measurements and assessment
- Due diligence reviews
- Turbine sound power and tonality assessments to IEC 61400-11
- Detailed assessments to determine conditions causing tonality, levels of audibility at both residences and turbines, and directivity of tonal emissions from turbines
- Expert evidence for planning applications and turbine supply contract disputes
- Infrasound testing
Our team has also undertaken significant research into the measurement, modelling and prediction methods for wind farm noise assessments.
In recognition of their work in the field of wind farm acoustics, Resonate’s staff were awarded the Australian Acoustical Society’s 2013 Award for Excellence in Acoustics. This award recognised the development of a method for assessment tonality at wind farms, which was not detected using conventional assessment methods.